-->

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hot Pink Z Palette review & photos - The REAL Freedom System!


Video Version:





Well, I FINALLY did it. I got my first Z Palette!

When I first heard about Z Palettes, I didn't really get the point. I also didn't have as many eyeshadows as I do now. As my knowledge of and experience with cosmetics has grown, I've come to understand the benefits of having a freer way of storing my products in a palette.

So why did I decide to go ahead and get one now after eyeing these for months? Well, there are two reasons, really: 




 1. I was holding out for pink. It's my favorite color, after all, and if a product is sold in pink, that's the color I get. Always. With all the nice colors and designs that Z Palette has, something told me they would make a pink one, and sure enough, they did! 

 2. Vacation. As of writing this, there are 4 days until my 9-day vacation to Puerto Rico! I didn't want to have to take my entire Make Up For Ever, MAC, Inglot, and Urban Decay palettes (about 6-8 shadows in each) if I only needed 1 or 2 shadows from each palette. Plus, I almost forgot about my Sugarpill Heart Breaker palette quad. Holy Overpacking, Batman! I wanted a way to consolidate all the products I needed of various shapes and sizes into one place. It turns out that I want to take a few too many shadows with me, so I had to trick out my MAC palette until I can get another Z Palette:-p 

The hot pink Z Palette comes in the small and large size. I, of course, got the large. For reference, the small fits 4 La Femme blushes (I got this off the website as I do not have the small palette) but I think these are the same size as MUFE. The large fits 28 MAC eyeshadows or 10 MUFE eyeshadows with room for 7 smaller shadows like MAC, or 18 square Inglot shadows with a teeny row left over. Also included are 20 round metal stickers if you have depotted items that are not magnetized. ***Note: the round metal stickers will not magnetize to a MAC palette. I have discovered that the MAC palette and MAC magnetized pans are a bit different, so it's a MAC thing and not a Z Palette thing

Well, here are several pictures of my lovely palette:



 Smaller shadows to the left are MAC and Urban Decay. Large and small marbles are Pur Minerals Marble Powder in pink. The brown is Pur Minerals Mineral glow, and the squares are, from top to bottom, Inglot 366, Urban Decay Scratch, and NARS Blush in Mata Hari



Round metal stickers with adhesive back:



The pink is absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't have asked for a prettier color! The palette closes with a magnet, which is my favorite type of palette closure. You don't have to push any buttons but it is still very secure. One major plus for me is the clear window on the lid! I've seen several other freestyle palettes out there and none of them have this feature. I love being able to see exactly what's in there so I don't have to keep opening it up to see what I have. Knowing me, this is very beneficial because the less I have to touch it, the fewer opportunities I have to drop it:-) 

Z Palette next to Make Up For Ever and MAC palettes for comparison:


The magnetized palette will seem very gentle. Just because it doesn't violently grab at your product doesn't mean it's not staying. Trust me, you don't want one so strong that it quickly grabs at your eyeshadows. That's how I broke my Ben Nye shadow, testing it's magnetism with a magnet from my fridge. I've shaken the Z Palette, I've held it upside down. I've shaken it while holding it upside down. Trust me, your stuff is safe with the strong but gentle magnet. 

As you can see, it's deeper than most products, so if you have some unusually tall products it might work. They do make a separate domed one for your baked and mineral products. 




Possibly one of the best aspects of the Z Palette is the fact that products of any shape and diameter can live happily together in one place. As you can see in my pictures, my newly-depotted NARS blush is a friendly neighbor with my round eyeshadows. Go ahead, depot those squares! You don't have to carry them around individually anymore if you don't want to! 

Some more photos:

    Back of the palette:

I'm round and you're square, but that's okay!




I am extremely happy with my purchase and I will be buying several more pink Z Palettes when I return from vacation. While one or two is sufficient for vacation, I'm planning on depotting any remaining shadows and future purchases and making the Z Palette their permanent home! If you are looking for a freer, better, and cuter way to store your products, check out Z Palette! 

The small Z Palette sells for $14 and the large Z Palette for $20. Pink is available in these two sizes only. They also have a pro size for $25 in zebra print. Z Palette also sells individual orders of the round and square metal stickers as well as empty pans for cream products or pressing pigments. Visit www.zpalette.com to get yours to today, and like them on Facebook for 10% off your next purchase! There are also several retail locations that sell Z Palette. Check out the list here

 Happy shopping!



All opinions in this blog and this post are my own and not for profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment