-->

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Stowaway Cosmetics Part 2 - Lip & Cheek

Missed all the excitement? Check out my post with more info on Stowaway Cosmetics!





If you just need a quick refresher, Stowaway Cosmetics is a relatively new company that combats the woes of larger-than-life-sized makeup products that are too big to be used entirely before they expire and too bulky to carry or travel with.

Their "right-sized" line of cosmetic essentials is not only adorable, but also more practical, portable, sanitary, economical, and cost effective than its hefty competitors.


I don't want to be too repetitive, but you can check out the beginning of the first part of my review series (eye products) to see an overview of everything I got in my haul and the price breakdown.


Today I will be highlighting the LIP & CHEEK products I got from Stowaway Cosmetics.



Without further ado, here's the good stuff:



Creme Lipstick


                                                     

I have to admit that I'm not much of a lipstick person. I started out fully in the gloss camp because I thought it was quicker and easier to apply with less fuss or mess. I've started to let go of some of my lipstick reservations over the last few months and even bought some lip liners *gasp* so this was as good a time as any to try these out!

I purchased 2 shades: Champagne and Fig

Champagne is a gorgeous creamy neutral and Fig is a beautiful purple berry shade.

Left: Champagne, Right: Fig


So what did a "not really a lipstick person" think of these....?

Pretty darn good!

Seeing as how I am not much of a lipstick person, it shocked me to apply it because of the creaminess and pigmentation. After going back and trying some other lipsticks after this one, I found that my surprise was only partly due to my inexperience with lipstick. This crème lipstick really does live up to its name!

As I said, these lipsticks are creamy and they are pigmented. Many of the lipsticks I've tried before were more sheer and thinner, almost like a gloss, even right out of the tube.

This product also claims to help keep lips hydrated throughout the day and I can believe it. I wore both shades for several hours at a time while testing them out. I ate sub sandwiches and made out with Mark Ruffalo drank out of straws and had a good ol' time. After 4 or 5 hours I looked in the mirror and could still see color on my lips.

Now my lips are what I would call "problem" lips that get anywhere from dry and crusty to filmy and gunky, especially when I am wearing lip products. Even after several hours of wear, my lips still felt soft and didn't feel as crusty as they usually do after wearing a lip product. 


Heavy swatch of Fig & Champagne in natural light:


                            Blended:


If I manage to get decent lip swatches, I will come back and insert them later.


Cheek & Lip Rouge




Yassssssssss. Love it. Not to spoil anything...


Left: Burnt Rose, Right: Canteloupe


I've used liquid and some cream blushes before and they can be hard to work with. Too dry, hard to blend, clown-like results.


I was scared this would be crazy opaque and dry like those other kinds, almost like a lipstick or a nail polish in terms of opacity, but this product has the most amazing texture and pigmentation!

It goes on very light, but yet it still has amazing color payoff, almost like a very good, pigmented lip gloss if that makes sense (it does double as a lip stain!). It is perfectly pigmented without being 100% opaque, which is what you want in a cream blush.  It shouldn’t take you 5 minutes to do one cheek of blush because you have to fuss with it. 

To me, Stowaway completely nailed this formula and it is everything a cream blush should be. 

Heavy swatches, Canteloupe & Burnt Rose:



Blended:


The shade Cantaloupe is a nice light pink shade, but it is more toward the coral and less toward the Barbie, so you don't need to worry about looking clown-like with this. The Burnt Rose can also be intimidating for the fairer-skinned folk out there, but this mix between a brick-red and deep berry blends out for a beautiful wash of color. I wear the lightest shade in most foundations and this works great on me. I will be sure to see if I can get some decent cheek swatches and will let you know when I post them here.

Well, Stowaway wins round 2! Overall, I would recommend these to anyone looking for a high-quality lipstick and blush that can easily be tossed into your bag to stay looking great all day!

Stay tuned for my next Stowaway review!


If you wish to order any of these products, you can click here to sign up and we can both get points and free mascara!


    Light touch of Cantaloupe rouge & Fig lipstick along with Stowaway's Effortless Eyeliner in Spice and Extreme Lash Mascara:


*all opinions are my own and all products were purchased myself

No comments:

Post a Comment